Bellingham, WA – Mustang Survival, the North American manufacturer of innovative solutions for the most demanding marine environments, unveils the new EP38 Inflatable PFD at this week’s Annapolis Boat Show (Booth B57). As the only U.S. Coast Guard-approved race-compliant PFD, the EP38 Inflatable is the latest addition to Mustang Survival’s EP Ocean Racing Series.
With M.I.T. Membrane Inflatable Technology materials inside, the innovative construction of the EP38 Inflatable PFD makes it better-fitting, incredibly pliable and easier to repack. The low profile back-of-neck, vest-style design and improved weight balance combine to remove pressure from the back of the neck – a chief complaint of the traditional horseshoe PFD design.
“With 50 years of experience engineering products for the most demanding users, Mustang Survival continues to innovate and bring gear that delivers the ultimate experience on the water,” said Jason Leggatt, vice president and general manager for Mustang Survival. “The feedback from the elite sailors who have been wearing the new EP38 has been overwhelmingly positive. Comments about its lightweight feel and ease-of-donning, thanks to the two side adjusters, means the crew can easily get on deck in a hurry in case of an emergency. It’s being called a ‘game changer’.”
Features of the EP38 Inflatable PFD (MSRP: $350):
• Hydrostatic Inflator Technology (HIT) will only inflate when submerged and not in rain, spray or high humidity
• 360° Motion – low-profile chassis designed for maximum range of motion during high output grinding and sail changes
• Membrane Inflatable Technology materials inside reduces weight and increases flexibility
• Back-mounted storable spray hood
• Internal storage for AIS, PLBs, strobes and other electronics
• Integrated sailing harness with soft tie-in
• Removable crotch straps
• Marine grade retro-reflective materials
• Marine grade whistle
• Lifting loop
Designed for the most serious ocean racers, EP Ocean Racing Series apparel utilizes military-grade fabrics that are being offered to consumers for the very first time and are built to withstand the most demanding conditions. Available now, the EP Ocean Racing Collection, including the new EP38 Inflatable PFD, can be found at specialty retailers in North America. Visit www.mustangsurvival.com/epoceanracing for more information.