Washington, N.C. — Anyone who has read the novels of Ernest Hemingway knows that fishing was a consuming passion for the writer and sportsman — one he passed down to his children and grandchildren. Now, Pro-Line Boats has collaborated with the Hemingway family to design a unique new series of Pro-Line Hemingway Edition fishing boats inspired by Ernest Hemingway’s beloved boat Pilar, and bearing his signature. The first model to debut, the Pro-Line 23 Sport Hemingway Edition, was unveiled by Hemingway’s grandchildren Mina Hemingway and John Hemingway on Thursday, Oct. 31, at the Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show.
“Collaborating with the Hemingway family on the design of this new Pro-Line series was a pleasure and a privilege for me and the rest of the Pro-Line team,” said Johnny Walker, CEO of Pro-Line parent company Baja Marine LLC. “The Hemingways are all avid anglers and are extremely knowledgeable about both the aesthetic and the practical aspects of fishing boats.”
The Hemingway Edition package, which will be available on all Pro-Line models from 21 to 35 feet, includes the following special features:
• Custom Hemingway Signature hull-side wrap
• Custom angled rigid T-Top with storage & two extra rod holders
• Flat black powdercoat bow, T-top & seat rails
• Aluminum helm seat w/upgrade upholstery, leaning post, backrest & rod holders
• Folding rear seat w/upgrade upholstery • AM/FM stereo w/four speakers & iPod control
• Head compartment in console w/Porta Potti.
The trailerable, highly maneuverable Pro-Line 23 Sport Hemingway Edition is powered by a single Mercury Verado 300 outboard, which takes it to speeds of up to 53 mph. Upgrade Verado Tilt Control is part of the Hemingway Edition package. The boat’s specifications are as follows:
• LOA: 23’0″
• Beam: 8’6″
• Draft (hull): 1’5″
• Deadrise: 20 degrees
• Fuel: 118 gals.
• Weight (hull): 3,540 lbs.
• Cockpit area: 86 sq. ft.
• Cockpit depth: 2’1″
• Bridge Clearance (w/T-Top): 9’8″
• Baitwell: 18 gals.
• Fish boxes: 2x 60 gals.
For more information, please visit www.prolineboats.com.