If you’re in the market for a new pontoon boat or simply looking to upgrade your current vessel, it’s important to know what essential accessories are available. Pontoon boats are great for family fun and entertainment, so you want to make sure you have all the right accessories to keep everyone happy and safe. Here are some must-have accessories for your pontoon boat:
1. Docking accessories: A pontoon boat can be difficult to dock due to its large size and weight. Accessories such as dock lines, bumpers or fenders are essential to protect your boat from damages and safely secure it on the dock.
2. Life jackets: Safety must come first for any boater. Having enough properly fitting life jackets for everyone aboard is a must-have. One important tip is to have one placed in the proper location for quick access in case of an emergency.
3. Navigation lights: Navigation lights are a legal requirement when boating after sunset. These lights make it easier for other boats to see you from a distance, decreasing the chances of a collision.
4. Pontoon ladder: Whether you’re swimming or you need an easy way to get back on the boat from the water, a pontoon ladder is the perfect accessory to have. It’s easy to deploy, use, and it’s an essential accessory that should always be part of your pontoon boat.
5. Sound system: A good sound system is necessary for entertainment, partying or just relaxing. A Bluetooth or Wi-Fi enabled system is considered ideal as it keeps you and your guests free from entangling cables.
6. Coolers and refrigerators: Keep cool drinks and food on hand for longer trips with built-in coolers and refrigerators. These accessories are designed to keep your drinks and food at a desirable temperature.
7. Gauges and controls: Good gauges and controls are necessary for efficient management and monitoring of your boat’s performance. Make sure to invest in quality gauges and controls to avoid technical glitches or problems.
8. GPS/fish-finder: These devices are considered as must-have accessories for boat lovers. A fish-finder helps to catch fish, while a GPS can help you navigate safely back out on the water, especially if you’re in unfamiliar territory.
The above list of essential accessories for a pontoon boat is a reliable guide for anyone looking to improve the functionality of their boat. As you purchase these accessories, ensure you always go for high-quality brands to guarantee the best performance, durability, and longevity. Make sure to keep an eye out for a sale or discount deals that can save some cash or better, invest in a boat package that comes with basic accessories or a variety of accessory bundles.