Fishing line is undoubtedly an essential piece of equipment that every angler needs to have in their fishing gear. It is the lifeline that connects the bait or lure to the fishing rod, allowing you to cast and reel in your catch. However, fishing line serves many other purposes beyond fishing. In this article, we will explore some of the other purposes of fishing line.
1. Kite Flying: You may not have thought about it, but fishing line is a great material for kite flying. Fishing line is durable, lightweight, and can withstand the wind pressure that comes with flying a kite. The strength of the fishing line will depend on the size and weight of the kite. But generally, a thin and light fishing line is perfect for flying small kites while thicker and stronger line is ideal for large kites.
2. Camping and Hiking: Fishing line can be a useful tool for camping and hiking. It can be used as a temporary clothesline, to repair camping gear, backpacks or a torn tent, to tie up food and gear to keep it off the ground, and to make a makeshift fishing rod in an emergency situation.
3. Clothesline: In addition to camping, the fishing line can be used as a clothesline at home. If you have a tight space or no backyard to hang clothes in, you can use the fishing line to dry clothes indoors. It’s perfect for delicate clothing items that can’t go into the dryer.
4. Jewelry Making: Fishing line is an excellent choice for making jewelry. It is durable, strong, and transparent, which makes it perfect for making bead necklaces and bracelets. It’s an inexpensive alternative to traditional jewelry making materials, and it’s readily available at any fishing supply store.
5. Crafting and Decor: Fishing line can be used in various crafty ways, such as creating a mobile or suspending decorations. The clear line is perfect for making it look like objects are floating in the air. Additionally, colored fishing line can be used for hanging things like party decorations and garland.
Fishing line is more than just a line for anglers. It can be used for a variety of things, including kite flying, camping and hiking needs, a clothesline, jewelry making, and even crafting and decorating. So, whether you’re looking to spool up some line on your reel or take on a creative project, it’s worth having a spool of fishing line in your arsenal.