When it comes to kayak fishing, one of the most important considerations is the size of your kayak. In particular, if you’re planning to fish in inshore waters, you need to find a kayak that is well-suited to this type of fishing.
So? The answer will depend on a variety of factors, including your experience level, the type of water you’ll be fishing in, and the species you’re targeting. Here are some things to consider:
1. Narrow kayaks are generally better for inshore fishing, as they are more maneuverable and require less effort to paddle. Look for kayaks that are around 30 inches wide or less.
2. However, you also want to make sure your kayak is stable enough to handle the conditions you’ll be fishing in. If you’ll be dealing with choppy water, you’ll want a kayak with a wider base.
3. In terms of length, kayaks between 10 and 12 feet tend to be the most popular for inshore fishing. This gives you enough space to store your gear and move around comfortably while still being easy to maneuver.
4. If you’re planning to do a lot of standing and casting, you may want to consider a kayak with a stand-up bar or some other kind of support to help you balance.
5. Finally, think about how much gear you’ll be bringing with you. If you’re planning to bring a lot of equipment, you’ll want a kayak with ample storage space.
Ultimately, the right size kayak for inshore fishing will depend on your personal preferences and needs. Consider all the factors above and test out different models before making a purchase to ensure you find the perfect kayak for your needs.