When it comes to boating, everyone wants to enjoy the sunshine and be protected from the harmful rays. That’s why a bimini top is essential to have on a boat. It’s easy to install and provides ample shade for you and your passengers. However, before purchasing a bimini top, you need to measure your boat to ensure a proper fit. In this article, we will discuss how to measure a boat for a bimini top.
1. Height measurement: The first measurement to take is the height of your boat. Measure from the mounting point where the bimini top will attach to the highest point of the boat. This will give you the height measurement of your boat.
2. Width measurement: The second measurement you need to take is the width of your boat where the bimini top will attach. Measure the distance between the two points where the bimini top will be mounted. Make sure you measure in a straight line to get an accurate measurement.
3. Length measurement: The third measurement you need to take is the length of the area where the bimini top will be installed. Measure from the front of the area to the back where the bimini top will be installed.
4. Bow to Stern measurement: To determine the size of the bimini top, take the bow to stern measurement. This is the distance from the front of the boat to the back where the bimini top will be mounted.
5. Beam measurement: The last measurement you need to take is the beam measurement. This is the width of your boat at its widest point. Make sure to measure the distance between the outer edges of your boat.
Once you have taken all the necessary measurements, you can determine the appropriate size of the bimini top. Generally, bimini tops come in standard sizes, so make sure to choose the one that fits the measurements of your boat. If you have a unique boat or require a customized bimini top, you can get one made to order.
Measuring your boat for a bimini top is an easy process. By measuring the height, width, length, bow to stern and beam, you can determine the right size of bimini top for your boat. Make sure to take accurate measurements to ensure a perfect fit for your bimini top. With a bimini top in place, you and your passengers can enjoy the shade and stay protected from the sun’s harmful rays.