Ancor Heat Shrink Step Down Butt Connectors
Adhesive-lined heat shrink butt connectors by Ancor have versatile use as either a step-down mechanism from one gauge size to another, or as a multi-wire connector for one gauge size wire. They are a sealed solution alternative to conventional products like quick-tap or three-way connector, making them practical for use in areas susceptible to corrosion.
Features of the Ancor Heat Shrink Connectors
- 4:1 shrink ratio tubing ensures a watertight seal between wires.
- The flared barrel design with a uniform copper wall facilitates an easy and proper mechanical crimp.
- Each barrel is equipped with a crimp indicator for proper placement of the installation tool.
- Clear heat shrink tubing guarantees crimp accuracy.
- Color-coded stripes on barrel guide the user about the right crimp die to use in different applications.
Why Use Heat Shrink Terminals?
Heat shrink terminals establish a tightly sealed connection between the terminal and the wire it is crimped to. These sealed connections prevent corrosion and provide additional strain relief to the connection, thereby preserving the strength of the conductor and extending the longevity of the electrical system.
Ancor Heat Shrink Connectors – Available Sizes
Ancor offers these adhesive-lined heat shrink butt connectors in various sizes and pack quantities:
- 16-14 Gauge Connectors – Available in 25-Pack and 3-Pack
- 24-22 Gauge Connectors – Available in 25-Pack and 3-Pack
- 22-18 Gauge Connectors – Available in 25-Pack and 3-Pack
- 12-10 Gauge Connectors – Available in 25-Pack and 3-Pack
Please note that this product contains di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (dehp), a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. More information is available at P65Warnings.ca.gov.