Fishing is one of the beloved American pastimes, enjoyed by millions across the country. Whether you’re a seasoned angler or just starting out, the right fishing line is essential for a successful day on the water. One of the most common questions asked by anglers is “?”.
While many fishing lines are made overseas, there are still several brands that are proudly made in the United States. Here are a few of the top American-made fishing lines:
1. PowerPro – This braided fishing line is made by Innovative Textiles, Inc. in Grand Junction, Colorado. PowerPro is known for its exceptional strength and sensitivity, making it a favorite of anglers around the world.
2. Sufix – This fishing line company has been operating out of Superior, Wisconsin since 1946. Sufix is well-known for its high-quality monofilament and braided lines that are designed to perform in a variety of fishing situations.
3. Stren – Founded in 1958 in Monroe, Louisiana, Stren has been a staple of the American fishing industry for over 60 years. The company is now owned by Rapala, but still manufactures its lines in the United States. Stren is best known for its durable monofilament lines that are perfect for bass fishing.
4. Ande – This family-owned company has been producing fishing lines in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania since 1964. Ande is known for its premium monofilament lines that are designed for big game fishing.
5. Seaguar – While Seaguar is headquartered in Japan, the company does have a manufacturing facility in Louisville, Kentucky. Seaguar is known as the leader in fluorocarbon fishing lines, which are ideal for clear water and finicky fish.
When it comes to fishing, having the right equipment is key. By choosing an American-made fishing line, you can support local businesses while also ensuring that you have a high-quality product that is designed to perform in a variety of fishing conditions. So next time you’re shopping for fishing line, be sure to check out these American-made options!